Few things on social media can be really hard to describe in words. A lot of things might be lost in the translation and you would only come across like a giggly weirdo living on the internet. You don’t have to stay on that path. Stay close to the facts through sharing of social media statistics that are really interesting.
8) The population of Facebook is larger than twice the population of USA. The US population is closing 314 million whereas Facebook has about 800 million users. But if you have just managed to gain just a few hundreds of these users to like the page you run, you might want to redo your strategy of branding on the network.
7) Mothers are the largest branding supporters on Facebook. You are certainly missing out if your brand is not appealing to the mothers. While they are not tagging you in your childhood photos that might come across as embarrassing, moms that are Facebook friendly like brands more than anyone else on Facebook.
6) Users spent over 1.85 billion dollars on virtual credits of Facebook the previous year. With that money, we could buy fifty private islands and also buy five yachts that cost a hundred million dollars.
5) 80 percent of users on Pinterest are women. Though this stay provides Pinterest the hugest gender division among any social networks, it is not wholly surprising either. There are a lot of women-centric brands on Pinterest but we really look forward to viewing more male-centric marketing of brand on Pinterest soon.
4) Companies generally ignore 70 percent of questions on Facebook. When fans on Facebook put up their questions on Facebook, only 30 percent of those fans receive answers. This could be deemed as a surprisingly lessened interaction rate but a lot of experts on social media view this fact as a chance. If you wish to engage your consumers while your rivals are not, you automatically stand out of the lot!
3) Users of Twitter are 33 percent more likely to stay as Democrats. That is when compared to the US population. Hence, if you have a witty joke on Obama, you would want to say it at a cocktail party instead of putting it up on Twitter.
2) More than five million users on Facebook are less than the age of ten. This is true despite the legal terms and conditions of Facebook that prevent any person less than the age of 13 from utilizing the site. As per statistics of Forbes, 95% of parents knew that their kids were on Facebook whereas 78% of them helped the kids create the account.
1) More people own a mobile phone than own a toothbrush. There are more than seven billion on the planet. About four billion of these people own cell phones but just 3.5 billion people own toothbrushes.
We are sure these statistics come across as astonishing facts, but yeah, that is how obsessed people are with the social media now!