The field of e-commerce has become quite massive in the last few years. Almost every business nowadays tries to have an online platform so that they can easily interact with and attract a huge audience who can be their potential customers.
Now, we all are aware of the fact that day by day competition is becoming tough and surviving in this market of e-commerce is becoming difficult. If you want to stand on the top, then you got to have top-notch SEO tactics for your business.
Yes, the success of any e- business primarily depends on the SEO tricks it opts and among all the tricks, writing a creative as well as apt Meta and product description is something very crucial.
Meta description is a synopsis of the content of the concerned website or web page. In the case of e-commerce, it must contain a short and to the point description of your business. It must not exceed a limit of 320 characters, though earlier it was 160 characters only.
Meta description can also contain keywords which are often searched by the site visitors. On the other hand, as the name suggests product description is a small and the required information mentioned about the particular product of a website.
As an owner of any e-commerce, it is very crucial to understand the importance of these two things. An exceptional meta-description helps various search engines to fathom the aim of the concerned web page, and then provide it with the required search results. Similarly, it is recommended to provide an exceptional product description so that it helps the e-commerce business to attract a good sale. Here are E-Commerce SEO tips on how to write meta and product description that sell.
How to Write a Proper Meta Description?
- It must be unique and should provide the three basic information- the brand name of your business, about your online store and a unique feature related to it.
- Don’t exceed the required limit of characters, which is 320 characters per description.
- Do remember to mention the USP or the main feature of the products you sell. Try to write in a way that attracts the potential customers in the first look.
- Pay special attention while mentioning the keywords. It would help your site to get a better ranking on the search engines.
- Try to write those specifications, which the customers look for.
How to Write a Proper Product Description?
- Mention about the product your website sells in a way that it addresses the ideal buyers.
- Try to avoid useless phrases like- yeah, of course, etc. These phrases make you sound less appealing to your customers.
- Mention genuine stats related to the products you deal in, and use superlatives while writing so.
- Try to provide a better, large and clear pictures or videos related to the product. This is a part of the product description only, and visual appeal contributes a lot towards attracting the sales.
- Avoid writing a story kind of description, as it just makes it less rational and less appealing.
Thus, if you want your e-commerce business to touch heights and survive in this cut throat competitive market then do make use of the above mentioned suggestions.