No one would ever like to jump into a big article or webpage without knowing what is in it for them. After all, that’s how we decide if we actually want to read or visit the website or webpage, by seeing the title and the pictures. Even if we later find out that the content was not worth it, still the initial decision to begin with something or not actually is taken on the basis of title.
As the name suggests, Title Tag is the title element in your HTML code of the web page. It gives the title of your webpage based on which the people get a rough idea of what they can expect on your page as in the type of content and information. Obviously, better the title, better the rank of your webpage in terms of SEO ranking.
CTR is the acronym for Click through Rate. In simpler terms, it can be explained as- suppose you place an advertisement on the internet on various websites and social networking sites. Now, after seeing the ad, it is not necessary that all the viewers will open it. So, the percentage of people who actually click on the link after seeing your advertisement and visit the hyperlink is known as Click through Rate.
How to Draft the Title Tag?
Undoubtedly, CTR, in addition to other factors, mainly depends on the Title Tag and how attractive it is. Because an attractive title always attracts readers. The title should appeal to the intellect, curiosity and the inquisitive nature of the readers. It should be simple, easy to understand, apt, in accordance to the content, short, attractive and must include the keywords that are mandatory for SEO optimization.
Ways to Increase CTR with Title Tag
- Try to hit on the right nerve of the reader as in touch the perfect emotion of the readers by using the power words like ‘Marvelous’, ‘Extraordinary’, ‘Amazing’, etc. Obviously, the type of word to be used depends on the type of content.
- Give a brief description of the content in the title itself just to increase the curiosity level of the readers. This can be done by adding a bracket or parentheses.
- To increase the CTR, try to use the concept of Curiosity Gap strategically. In literal terms, Curiosity Gap is the difference between what a person knows and what a person wants to know about a particular topic. Many famous websites like Buzzfeed, Upworthy, etc. already use it and earn huge benefit from it.
- Ensure that you use the right keywords because not only does it increase the rank via SEO optimization but also catches the attention of the people and also helps your content to appear in other searches related to your keywords.
- Use auto-generation techniques for title tags. It is practically impossible for any person, howsoever creative he or she is to sit and derive attractive and unique titles for hundreds of products or articles or web pages. So, most of the e-commerce websites including Amazon use this technique to generate attractive and unique title tags.
Follow these tips and boost your CTR on the go!