The new and improve oDesk is here and they have a new name too – Introducing Upwork, a new name, and also a new platform for connecting you with great jobs, faster and more easily than ever before. In Upwork, you’ll see a familiar oDesk functionality and your existing profile but with a lighter and more mobile-friendly design.
There are also a few surprises including the:
- New messaging tools for faster collaboration
- A new mobile app for iPhone and Android
- A new Hiring Hub with helpful ideas, articles and guides
In the coming months, Upwork promises to focus on four areas of innovation:
- Faster hiring – Upwork is making it easier for freelancers to update their availability and for businesses to find, interview and select freelancers who are ready to work right away.
- Better collaboration – Upwork is introducing a new messaging experience will include chat and video, plug into your favorite services, and organize conversations into chat rooms. Plus, you’ll be able to communicate with your teams through native Android and iPhone apps.
- Larger teams – Shared team workspaces will make it easier for multiple freelancers and clients to collaborate. Businesses can create and engage large freelance teams quickly, safely, and in compliance with Upwork Enterprise.
- Professional growth – Upwork will be a platform where independent professionals can thrive. With access to work history stats, the ability to earn Top Rated status, and information on high-demand skills, freelancers will have the tools to get more and better jobs.
The company also introduces a new CEO, Stephane Kasriel, who is a former head of product development.
oDesk users have mixed reactions with the change of name and with the change of the website design – some loved it, and some don’t.
You can begin experiencing the new platform today by going to upwork.com and let us know which one you think is better, the old oDesk or the all-new Upwork.
Source: Upwork Blog