In today’s time, almost every business has its own online portal. Infect some companies run their entire empire via a website only. Well, if you own a website or maintain a company’s website then you must be aware that it is extremely important to assess the website’s performance from time to time.
The performance of any website is measured by the amount of traffic it withdraws. But, how to get this measurement and analysis in the first place. Don’t you guys worry, as Google has provided tools for this work, that too absolutely free of cost- called the Google Search Console.
What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is a free service provided by Google. It helps the owners of the various websites to easily keep record of their work, and track the performance at the same time.
It assists you to monitor your website and get valuable insights about the same. Though it is not compulsory to sign up for this service, in order to get a position in Google’s Search engine, but if you do so; it will help you to get a thorough idea of how Google views your site and how it optimizes it’s performance as well.
Why using Google Search Console is a good idea?
- It helps Google to access your content and helps your website to get better ranking on the search engine.
- It filters those contents from your website which you don’t want to be shown in search result.
- It keeps a track of those content which are capable of delivering visually engaging results.
- Google Search Console also solves all the problems related to malware and spam which create unwanted hindrance to your website’s performance.
Features of Google Search Console
- Performance tab
This tab enables you to analyse the pages and keywords which need more optimization and attention. This helps to improve the ranking of your website on Google Search.
- Index Coverage
This is a technical tab within GSC, which updates you about-
- The number of pages in the index of Google search, since the last update;
- Errors and warning which led to issues in indexing of the pages from your website.
AMP tab stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. It warns you about the errors which may occur in your URL from time to time. You can fix the issue and then request for a validation as well. The GSC will validate the fixed issue, so that there is no scope of error.
- Job Postings
This tab will enable you to list all the job openings you want to post on your website. It also provides states about the responses coming on the job openings and the traffic it is attracting.
This feature provides you a feedback on all your mark-up events.
This section within GSC helps you to keep a track on the number of links from other websites, which points to your website.
- Manual Actions
This tab prompts you whenever your website get penalized by Google.
So, if you are concerned with performance of your website, then Google Search Console is your cup of tea.