PPC or Pay-Per-Click is a way of internet marketing. Advertisers have to pay each time their ad link is clicked on. This way, instead of waiting for your advertisement to generate traffic on its own, you can pay for a target audience. PPC, therefore, allows you to reach and engage potential customers quickly. Given below are five PPC tactics or trends that you should definitely try this year.
- Layered Audience
It is very important to know which audience you are catering to. Once you determine this, it will help you to design your campaign better.
- Demographics & Affinity
Using Google Ads and Analytics, you can target your desired audience. Demographics and affinity when taken into consideration, can help you to determine and narrow down your audience which in turn will allow you to engage them better.
In-Market Audiences are audiences that are actively in the market, looking for specific products or services. Such audiences can be determined by browsing history or present search activity.
- Life Events
People who are going through some major changes or life events can become potential customers and using Google Ads you can run specific promotions. However, there are limitations. These include not being available for campaigns on Gmail or YouTube and not being able to target any life events other than graduation, marriage and changing homes.
- Running A Responsive Search Ad (RSA) for every Ad Group
RSA for every ad group might not have proved to be successful in the past. But the trick here is to focus on different keywords and even shifting a bit from the target audience. Keep in mind the following points while running RSA.
- In machine learning, the keywords are evolving and the machine must learn which of these work and do not work in particular campaigns. The whole thing is a work in progress and will require some time.
- Headlines and descriptions that you put in will have to be of good quality. If the input quality is mediocre then you cannot expect the machine to generate proper output.
- Establishing Target Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) or Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
CPA or ROAS can be very useful when calculated with proper logic and incorrect context. To optimize a promotion correctly, you can use CPA or ROAS to reach a specific number. This can be done by considering
- The different campaigns that have to launched
- What the lifetime value of a potential customer is
- All margins
- Reviewing Different Features in Google and Microsoft Ads
The following features are available in Google Ads and Microsoft Ads and they can help in optimizing your campaigns.
- Gallery Ads
- These allow the content to be present at the very top of a search results page and in the form of images that can be swiped for viewing.
- Promotion Extensions
- At the ad group level, these extensions are great for advertisers who use site links or ad copies.
- Lead Form Extensions
- Using these extensions, advertisers will get to know their leads from a paid ad.
- Image Extensions
- Images along with texts automatically attract more viewers. With Microsoft, advertisers can upload images while in Google the images can be directly taken from the websites.
- PPC Automation
Automation is one tactic that you cannot miss out on using. It will help in ad testing and with optimization of PPC campaigns. PPC automation will do the following things:
- Determine the best strategies to achieve specific goals
- Prioritize ads that are doing better than most
- Getting proper ad performance reports
- Using Google Scripts to generate and optimize ad copy