Post ContentIn 1997, President Clinton speaks of the early days of E-commerce in the USA. ‘’About 4 millions American families will buy holiday gifts online for the first time this holyday season. I intend to join them!’’ Once upon a time consumers had to go to great lengths to acquire the things that made their life better. As time went by, retailers and marketers came up with inventive ways of getting their customers what they want. Along the way, various technological advances guided the evolution of commerce. Newspapers, magazines, radio and television; all helped eager consumers look for what they wanted to purchase and where they wanted to purchase. Catalogues, the telephone and the postal service combined to let the public shop in the comfort and tranquillity of their own homes. However, the ultimate shopping experience was yet to come. It wasn’t until the year 1994, that businesses found the most ideal way to serve their most valued customers. It took the combination of the pioneering technologies of the personal computer and the internet to launch the future of retail marketing. There’s a mobile movement going on. The rise of smart phones is creating smarter consumers, creating more opportunity for smarter marketing. Smart phones are always on, always with us and always connected. In one week, we browsed the internet (81%), used the search engine (77%), watched video (48%) and connected with our friends by accessing a social network (63%); all on our smart phones. But that’s info you might already know. Here’s some you might not. We’re using smart phones almost everywhere (yes, when going to the bathroom too), even while consuming other media (TV, radio, newspaper). Smart phones have become such an important part of our lives that many of us would give up high heels, cable TV, even chocolate, just to keep using them! They became important to our shopping habits too. Smart phones have become the ultimate shopping companion and transforming us into more savvy consumers. 79% uses smart phones to help with shopping. In fact, 70% of us actually use our smart phones while in the store. We use it to find retailers (54%), compare prices (49%), get promotions and coupons (48%), read reviews and product info (44%), and check to see if something is in stock (34%). Which leads us to buy: nearly three quarters of shoppers made a purchase as a direct info we got from our smart phone. Either in store (76%), online (59% purchase on their pcs) or on our phone (35%). Our new mobile shopping habits are adding up to big spending across the board. And where do we do most of our shopping; usually in our own backyards. In fact, finding local information is one of the most popular smart phone activities (95%). We’re using our phone to find everything from the nearest pizza place to movie show times, till finding the nearest store that carries the item we are looking for. An 88% of the one that looked for this information take action in that same day, wheatear to call (61%) or visit (59%) the local business. Over the past years, mobile search quires have skyrocket into new heights. As we search for everything from product reviews to travel info and random Trivia that could help us settle bets with our friends. And while, word of mouth for seeing a product in store, may lead people to search on smart phones, 71% of us search because we saw an ad, both on traditional media (43% search after seeing a TV ad) and on our phones (17% search after seeing a display ad on a mobile device) and we’re acting on it. 9 out of 10 mobile users have taken action all thanks to a smart phone search. The simple fact is that MOBILE ADS WORK! Do you recall seeing a mobile ad? You’re not alone; 82% of us do. Yet, 79% of top advertisers don’t have a mobile optimized site. It’s important to build a good mobile user experience, because if we see an ad we tend to click on the ad (42%), visit the advertiser’s site (35%), make a purchase (49%) or call the business (27%). Today we use smart phones to stay connected, to keep us entertain, to search for information on the go and to make us smarter shoppers. And we are going to be doing a lot more of this, creating more opportunities for you to connect with your clients. There has been an almost 16 years evolution from E-commerce to M-commerce, so why would you want to run your online business as they did back in 1995 or even 2001? Get your site on mobile, to reach the smart consumers! Simplio Web Studio is offering you the perfect solutions on E-commerce and soon on M-commerce with Synappsio, in both our offices located in Hollywood, Florida and Romania!
Post ContentLet us analyse the differences between a native application and a mobile web application. Similar in the name appearance, these are two very different things. Let's start by talking about native applications. A native application is what you would find in an application store. Native apps are extremely solid and powerful, and they allow you to have a stronger and more engaging interaction with the potential application user, the person downloading your application. So now, let us talk now about mobile web apps. They are commonly referred as html or mobile websites. Mobile web apps are a great addition to your mobile presence, but they are not a good end for everything. Mobile web apps are essentially web pages just like you can see them on your computer, yet they are smaller and less functional, so that it can be easily used on a mobile phone. If we were to compare them two, web app is just a good appetizer for the native app that can be a perfect dinner. So let us recap, why use native apps? Because they are easier to download for people, you can simply build a long lasting relationship. Mobile web apps are a great addition to native web apps, yet not good stand-alone solutions. Remember, Synappsio helps you create native apps in minutes. In addition, we will give you full support at the beginning of your project, just because we believe in what we can do for you.
Post Content[caption id="attachment_2881" align="aligncenter" width="630"] Credit: mobilemixed.com[/caption] More and more people around the globe are shifting to mobile gadgets such as smartphones or tablets to access the internet. Let's face it; these mobile devices are a lot cheaper than its predecessors, like laptops and PCs. Aside from being affordable, the reason why it is advancing in the market is it is portable. This is also partnered with the cheaper data plan alternatives offered to its users. Now, people can move around and still keep in touch with what's online. They can also work while commuting to the office or can finish homework while sitting in cafe. This is also why a lot restaurants and coffee shops offer free WIFI to its customers. It is now part of its service. For this reason Google, the leader in search engine optimization, has released a statement that on the 21st of April its search engine algorithms will launch new changes. These changes gear toward prioritizing websites that are mobile-friendly. What does mobile friendly mean? Mobile friendly means that websites are configured in such a way that is clearly viewed using a tablet or smartphone. The website's interface automatically sets according to the screen size of the gadget and so the entire interface of the website can be seen on the screen. There is no need to minimize or maximize the screen. Unlike other websites that are not configured to mobile gadgets, mobile friendly websites usually have an option at the bottom of the page that links to the desktop version or mobile version. How do you convert your existing website to mobile-friendly? Google wants to be fair to everyone that is why it announced ahead of time its movement towards mobile friendly sites. For those with existing websites that are not yet mobile friendly, there are some steps to take in order to adjust your website to a more mobile friendly one. Google has even released a list of guides on how to shift your existing site to a more mobile friendly site. First is to run your website through the “Mobile-Friendly Test.” It is easy to use; you just simply type your url on the space provided and click Analyze. In less than 10 seconds, it will give you a quick feedback if your site has a mobile friendly version or not. It will also give you a number of resources blocked by robots.txt, should there be any. From this quick analysis you can move to make the necessary adjustments. Second, if your website does not have a mobile friendly version, then you can opt to hire a 3rd party webmaster to make the necessary adjustments for you. This step might be expensive for those with tight budgets but if your website's purpose is to sell products, then it is highly recommended that you invest on a webmaster otherwise your website will not reach the top results of the search engine list therefore can even cost you your entire business. Third, if the second step is really out of your budget, then you can create a website from scratch and just use other web software such as joomla or WordPress to put your website into. Doing this will lessen your costs because such software has mobile friendly algorithms; so no major adjustments are needed. All the above mentioned steps are vital in creating or adjusting an existing website and converting it into a mobile friendly one. What will happen if you don't make any necessary adjustments? It is simple; your website will not appear at the top of the search engine list. This is not something pleasing for website that purely exist as an online retail or wholesale store. You want your website to be at the top of that list every time because that will also dictate the success of your business. If you do not make the necessary adjustments to create a mobile friendly site, then even if the customer types the exact name of your business on the search tab, it will still not be at the top of the list. What can appear are businesses with similar names as yours and that means that your competitors beating you easily. In Conclusion Change is constant. People are never satisfied even if what they have is enough. Because of this crave for improvement; we undergo a series of changes throughout this lifetime. If we do not follow these changes then we will just be left behind. This is mostly true in this technological day and age. So if the leader of the pack initiates change, then the rest of its members must change with it. Google wants to move towards the mobile friendly direction, and then all its dependents must follow these changes. It is a sink or swim world and if your business and life's work is dependent on this then you have to swim. Learn how to create a more mobile friendly version of your existing website because this is how you make your business sustainable and surviving.
Post ContentMobile phone sales have been one of the reasons for increased eCommerce sales in recent years and it becomes clearly essential for the eCommerce websites to provide excellent experience for the users – be it the interface or the quality, it is vital that customer experience is valued. Since there is no instruction manual for a perfect mobile website, it will turn out to be hard to figure out what could be done and what not. However, there are certain things which you must absolutely not do. Below is a list of the 5 Mobile Commerce Mistakes You Should Avoid.
1) Having a complicated webpageNever use sliders or image carousels for any of the pages of your site, be it mobile or desktop. To begin with, no one actually spends time to go further than the initial image anyway. Besides, it will only make it difficult for your page to load quickly. Though the bandwidths of mobile are pacing up, they still haven't met par with those on the desktops. This will put the users off, affecting your sales. You could rather use a single picture of call to action.
2) Not possessing an Email NewsletterThough this is the age of consistently flourishing new apps, Email still has the potential to give you better returns on investment than any marketing forms. Stop and think of the cost that would go into just writing an Email newsletter and sending it. Also think of the number of subscribers you possess. Easy, isn't it?
3) Making use of QR CodesLet's agree to this. QR Codes are no longer cool, new or useful in anyway. Besides, they include a lot of complex steps while having to use them online. Better to strike off the QR code from your site altogether.
4) Unnecessary expenditure on an app for smartphoneHaving an app for your site wouldn't really be a bad thing. However, it isn't vouched as a good thing to do either. If you plan to have an app for your site, ensure it has got the need which your customer would have. Make researches to ensure it will be catering to the need. Or else, you have simply spent your money in vain!
5) Using FlashThis one is quite obvious as the iPhones don't support it. Nonetheless, mobile websites are still making use of it. It is better not to use the flash on your website at all.
6) Having same designs for Tablets as well as smartphonesSince smartphones are extensively used, your customers don't really use them to watch videos. Besides, video requires large bandwidth which will take away a lot of data from your customers if they don't possess a proper data plan. Tablets, however, are appropriate to watch videos, and users generally use them in homes, connected to their Wi-Fi. If you really have to make use of videos, you could make separate designs for tablet users.
Post ContentIt is a well evident fact that the mobiles have successfully overpowered the use of laptops and personal computers. Moreover, when it comes to online marketing mobiles undoubtedly play a very crucial role. Here, it will not be unjust to mention that the B2B marketers too should adopt the concept of Mobile Marketing and the prominent reasons for it have been discussed below:
- Postulate marketing metrics are largely influenced by the use of Mobile
- Mobile friendly sites leads to fueled customer engagement
- A large number of B2B decision makers are using Mobile devices
- Work on your Mobile Page Speed
- Mobile Design Best Practices
So do you really need AMP?The short answer for this would be that it depends on. However, no matter what business you are in if you are online then this new technology has the capability to turn around your business on its heads. Speeding website loading This is one of the most obvious reasons as to why you would be using AMP. This particular open source technology will help to eliminate useless elements that slow down your page load. It is clean, slick and really fast. This has been proven a long time ago that higher page speeds bring in more visitors every single time. Increase in mobile ranking Do not mistake AMP to be a ranking factor by itself. However, it does exert a positive influence on your mobile ranking because of its faster load time. If Google decides to prioritize AMPs, then it will surely have a direct impact on your ranking on Google and other search engines as well. Server performance enhancing If your site is able to generate lots of traffic from mobile, AMP will reduce the load on the servers and improve their performances. Concerns From the above positive sides of AMP, there are some concerns regarding it. Number 1 issue is the reduction in the ad revenue. Because of the factor of mobile connectivity, the ads revenue is severely limited. It is not easy to put on lots of ads and then expect AMP run easily on the pages. Another issue with that is of analytics. Google Analytics is yet to come live on the AMP pages. It takes a lot of time for the placement and to collect and analyze the data too. The above-mentioned points show you the positive and negative of the AMP. It is now up to you whether you want to implement this new open source technology on your online efforts. The future of this technology is bright with some niggles. The issues will go away soon and it will be implemented on the largest scale. Therefore, to be on a safer side it is recommended to implement it as soon as possible.
Post ContentFinally, the Google has confirmed the activation of the intrusive mobile interstitial penalty. It has been successful in keeping its promise. It was formally introduced on 10th January 2017. Google’s John Mueller and Gary Gary Illyes has made such activation possible. [caption id="attachment_7649" align="alignnone" width="1024"] © Search Engine Land[/caption] This penalty is only applied on interstitials that happen when a user is directed from a specific page to a specific Google mobile search result. This penalty will help to devalue the web pages in mobile search with intrusive interstitials. The Google recommends the use of such interstitials only on the mobile pages that have sufficient amount of space on the screen. Ways To Avoid Google’s Mobile Interstitials Penalty
1. Be clear if such pop-ups actually serve a purposeYou can easily avoid the penalty by thinking like Google that aims to make the usage of internet more accessible and browsable. It takes special care for the mobile browsers. Care should be taken if you to analyze that your action serves an honest purpose.
2. The content can no longer be hidden with adsInterstitials are preventing from reading a particular website. Therefore the Google targets such overlays that help to gray out the content beneath. It is highly recommended that such interstitials should be easy to remove by clicking on ‘X’.
3. The content marketing strategy needs to be developedThere is an essential need to develop the content marketing strategy which in turn helps to generate revenue. With the help of varied creative relevant content, one can attract the users easily. One can use content using a blog post, round-ups, guides, videos, infographics and much more. 4: There is a need to be mobile friendly Although there is a need to remove the label of being mobile friendly from the sites, they still need to be mobile friendly. This need continues to be as important as it was before.
5. WordPress plugins should be checked-There is a need for the WordPress users using pop-up messages and coupons to review carefully Google’s size guidelines. One can efficiently abide by Google’s guidelines by using such WordPress plugins to display interstitials. The only thing you should be careful of is to keep these small and non-obtrusive.
6. You can still utilize the interstitials which are triggered by exit intentThese interstitials are still not objected by the Google and one cannot be penalized for using them. Google’s main focus is on the interstitials that distract the interaction between the search click and while going through the page. They are not concerned with the interstitials which are triggered by the exit intent.
7. Penalisation will not be given for page to- page interactionBy no means does the Google target to penalize all the pages with interstitials. They are only concerned with the ones which the searchers can land on using the search results. Google does not forbid displaying an interstitial when one browses from one page to another. On a whole, we can analyze that the Google is in search of new ways to improve our browsing experience.
Post Content[caption id="attachment_7656" align="alignnone" width="760"] © Search Engine Journal[/caption] The AdWords advertisers have been receiving several emails from the Google. The mail stated that from 6th February 2017 the call extensions will be a part of mobile ads, a change that will have a prominent impact on the advertisers. Google has taken the complete responsibility of bringing about this change and according to them, mobile search will help to drive more calls to business. It is predicted to drive 19 % more call to the businesses. This will not happen if one only makes use of the landing pages which are available. Even though most advertisers have received this mail, there are cases of many advertisers not receiving such mail till date. Google has decided to include the phone number acquired from the landing pages and include it in the mobile ads as a call extension. This change probably is not going to be much effective as it sounds to be. Most advertisers do not favour such change due to several reasons. There are many people who do not agree to pay for calls and there might be some people who do not prefer such phone calls. There will be availability of automatic call extensions at the campaign or add group level. These calls will be reported at the main call extension report rather than in the automated extension report. In this way, one is able to view all the numbers which are being used both at your doing or the Google’s in one location. There are many advertisers who use different phone numbers on landing pages instead of using call extensions. The spokesperson of Google has said that henceforth this case will screen for this type of scenes. It will not hold true when there are automatic call extensions from different phone numbers on the landing pages. The advertisers need to opt out in case they do not agree to pay for the calls directed to the phone numbers on the landing pages. The given steps should be followed if one wants to opt out-
- First, you need to visit the Ad extensions tab.
- Second, you need to select “View: Automated extensions report.”
- After that, click on the “Edit” option by scrolling down to the “Automated Extensions Options.”
- Finally, you need to select the options which read “Do not use specific automated extensions for this account”.
- There is an added option in the list of automated extensions introduced by the Google.
A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.Soothing Company - A Magento E-commerce that sells exquisite furniture and home decorations.